Clear crystal spheres have been used for decades as a way for psychics to divine the future, to review the past or to better understand the present. You don’t have to be a professional psychic to use one though! Anyone can use a scrying sphere so long as they have an open mind to do so. In this article, I will outline what scrying is and a few different ways that you can get started on your own.
Most clear scrying spheres are made of glass or crystal and are generally used by psychics as a divination tool for scrying as a way to connect with the divine. Scrying orbs are a fantastic tool to use for magic and fortune telling, this wonderful orb also helps you brighten up any space and looking through it will give you a new perspective.
Crystal scrying balls act as a focal point and a gateway for visions, ideas, symbols, pictures and more. You can use scrying as a special portal to contact Spirit Guides and access knowledge from the Higher Realms, including the Akashic Records.
What is Scrying?
Scrying is a form of divination that is used to connect with the divine in order to gain wisdom or insight. It’s a way to connect to your higher self, to your Spirit Guides and to Source. Scrying also goes by other names such as crystal gazing, hydromacy and oculmancy. This type of divination practice is about revealing the unseen through our second sight (aka psychic vision), rather than to try and forecast the future.
Although some may use this ancient form of divination to connect with other types of energies such as Earth Bound spirits, this article is only going to focus on how you can use it to access the wisdom of the highest vibrational accord of Source energy.
Many psychic intuitives will agree that the best use of a scrying orb or mirror is to connect on a deeper level with your soul, higher self or divine guides in order for self-reflection. Scrying is a marvelous tool that can be used to reveal the truth to yourself about a situation or perhaps that which you may not have been seeing due to fear.
How to Choose the Right Scrying Orb
Clear scrying orbs are relatively affordable and widely available. They are perfect for beginners or experts alike. Clear scrying orbs are typically made of glass, rather than of pure crystal but that doesn’t make them any less effective in accomplishing your intuitive, esoteric work. Remember, the crystal ball you are using is simply a tool to assist you with your clear seeing and it won’t matter too much what type you are using or if the one you have is not made of quartz crystal.
I will note here that many places sell glass crystal balls claiming they are reconstituted quartz. If you are shopping for a clear scrying orb that is made of quartz or another type of natural crystal, be sure to purchase from an honest and reputable seller like myself. Price point will be very telling if a crystal is authentic quartz or not as quartz spheres tend to be double, if not triple the price of a glass scrying orb. If you are in the market for an affordable, clear scrying orb to get started with, I recommend checking these ones out here.
These clear spheres are perfect to use use for scrying, psychic or Akashic Record readings, meditation, as an alter stone or in reiki healing. They’re also a wonderful way to energize any area of your home.
Lastly, if you are using a clear scrying orb like this one, do not leave it in direct sunlight. The magnifying effect of these spheres is strong, and can catch start a fire much like a magnifying glass would.
How to Use your Orb for Scrying
Scrying can be accomplished via several methods and how you choose to scry will depend on your own personal intuitive skill set. Today, I will describe how to use a clear orb in your scrying work.
- Create the appropriate atmosphere by choosing a quiet, dimly lit room where you won’t be disturbed. You may also wish to energetically clear your space prior to starting your session. You may also wish to do a short meditation before hand to clear your mind and a short prayer for protection and guidance.
2. In order to create a dimly lit room, some people use candle light or even a nightlight. If you’re using a candle, keep it at a safe distance away so it won’t be knocked over if you need to get up. Please be careful and do not put it too close to you.
3. Ensure that you have cleansed your crystal properly and programmed it for your intended use prior to starting your psychic work. You can learn how to cleanse and charge your crystal here.
4. Set your intention for your session. What do you wish to learn or to accomplish? Hold the crystal in your hand and ask your question or state your intention out loud.
5. Place the crystal ball on a stand at a comfortable height in front of you. As you begin to gaze into the crystal ball, allow yourself to move more and more into a trance-like state. Notice the outline of the ball, the colour, pattern while your eyes adjust to the lighting. This is helping you form a connection to your crystal ball. Continue to hold a steady gaze into the crystal as you fall more deeply into a trance. Give yourself the time and patience you need to do this, without trying to force anything to happen. Remember to breathe as you relax further and further.
After some time has passed, you may begin to see a mist in the crystal. Allow the mist to rise up and to clear again as you hold your gaze and focus on the crystal ball. At this point, images may begin to emerge. Keep an open mind during this process while removing all judgment and expectations. Allow the crystal ball to tell you a story through these images or pictures you see. They may not make sense at first, and that’s OK. You may not even see anything at all the first few times which is also normal. Practice is everything!
Remember that clear seeing is not always physical. It most often occurs through your third eye vision. So what you “see” may be something in your mind as you gaze into the crystal ball.
6. Eventually the images will begin to fade as the session comes to a close. At this time, you can clap your hands together once in order to break the connection or take a drink of water. You will likely feel a little bit tired after your first few sessions.
7. Record what you saw or witnessed during your session. You may even wish to set up an audio recording device prior to your next session and speak what you see out loud for reflection later on.
What you saw may not make sense at the moment and this is normal. You may look back a month later and know exactly what the images were trying to tell you! Another purpose of recording what you saw is so that you can go back to it later on to track your progress.
I hope this article helps you to get started on your journey with scrying!
I am Colleen Smith and I work as a professional spiritual and holistic life coach, a certified Reiki Master, psychic channel, spiritual author. I also run an online metaphysical shop called Moonstone Salts & Spiritual.
Mar 26, 2021 / Read More
Feb 21, 2021 / Read More
Nov 20, 2020 / Read More
Nov 20, 2020 / Read More
Nov 15, 2020 / Read More
Nov 15, 2020 / Read More
Oct 23, 2020 / Read More
May 28, 2020 / Read More
May 20, 2020 / Read More
May 09, 2020 / Read More
Originally published at .